Magicka Nightblade Destruction & Restoration setup updated for the Morrowind patch. Lots of damage, sustain and maneuverability to keep your opponents confused and unable to efficiently engage with you.
Weapons & Armor SelectionOpen
In order to get Chokethorn you need to do Elden Hollow 1, preferably the head piece will have the impenetrable trait, in light.
The first set that this build employs is the Seducer set.
Seducer is very easy to get, it’s a crafted set that doesn’t require many traits. It will help with your magicka sustain, and you can also fully customize it in terms of traits and style.
I am using this set on the following pieces:
- Chest (reinforced, heavy).
- Legs (impenetrable, medium).
- Shoulders (impenetrable, light).
- Feet (impenetrable, light).
- Destruction Fire Staff (sharpened, increase weapon & spell damage enchantment).
- Restoration Staff (defending, decrease target’s weapon & spell damage enchantment).
Weapons are also equipped with double damage over time poisons, but you can also slot the magicka draining ones on your back bar, to get a little bit more magicka & stamina sustain when it procs.
The second set that I am employing in this setup is the Necropotence set.
Necropotence is an overland Rivenspire set, you can get it by doing quests and killing world & delve bosses in Rivenspire, or you can just buy it in the guild stores like I did (gold jewelry is only sold from the Cyrodiil weekend merchant).
This set provides a bunch of magicka which in turn helps not only with your damage and sustain, but also defense. The last effect bonus is triggered with one of our skills, as I will show you below.
I am using this set on the following pieces:
- Gloves (impenetrable, light).
- Waist (impenetrable, light).
- Necklace (arcane, spell damage glyph).
- 2 Rings (arcane, spell damage glyphs).
All gear should add maximum magicka enchantments and you should be hitting 6% undaunted stats with this setup.
Skills & LoadoutOpen
- Flame Reach, morph of Destructive Touch from the Destruction Staff skill tree.
- Leeching Strikes, morph of Siphoning Strikes from the Siphoning skill tree.
- Merciless Resolve, morph of Grim Focus from the Assassination skill tree.
- Dampen Magic, morph of Annulment from the Light Armor skill tree.
- Swallow Soul, morph of Strife from the Siphoning skill tree.
- Shooting Star ultimate, morph of Meteor from the Mages Guild skill tree.
Shooting Star is a great ultimate for big battles, it not only does decent damage over time, as well as initial damage that can knock opponents up in the air, but it also recharges your ultimate based on how many opponents you’ve hit with the initial blast.
This means that if you hit a lot of players with it, you can pretty much recharge a lot of your off-bar ultimate, and that one can also come in very handy when focused by multiple attackers. It’s a great combination.
Flame Reach is a crowd control ability that can knock back your opponent and set him up for another high damaging attack. It also deals a little bit of initial, as well as damage over time.
Leeching Strikes are here to complement our stamina sustain, and enable us to run fully damage oriented potions, in order to simplify our rotation and make the setup more deadly and aggressive.
Merciless Resolve provides extra damage (8% via the minor berserk passive), but it can also burst our opponents down once the effect is ready, from doing light & heavy attacks (5 of them), you can then fire a magical projectile that does a ton of damage.
Dampen Magic is our main defense, it’s a huge shield because we have a lot of points into the Bastion champion star, as well as Necropotence and a very high maximum magicka pool. And since we have 5 pieces of light armor, we get another 30% shield strength.
Since we use Seducer, we can sustain this expensive skill with no problem, but if you’re a newer player and you need more experience, put one more cost reduction glyph on your necklace.
Swallow Soul is our main dps skill that not only does damage, but also heals us based on % of damage done, as well as provide the minor vitality buff, which increases healing taken by 8% in general.
My Restoration Staff bar has the following skills:
- Crippling Grasp, morph of Cripple from the Siphoning skill tree.
- Shadow Image, morph of Summon Shade from the Shadow skill tree.
- Mirage, morph of Blur from the Assassination skill tree.
- Dark Cloak, morph of Shadow Cloak from the Shadow skill tree.
- Healing Ward, morph of Steadfast Ward from the Restoration Staff skill tree.
- Light’s Champion ultimate, morph of Panacea from the Restoration Staff skill tree.
Light’s Champion is a great ultimate to use when you’re being focused and chased by multiple opponents.
It will heal you but also provide you with a 30% damage reduction via the major protection buff, that lasts for 10 seconds in total, and this is huge. It also applies to one of your allies so it’s a perfect duo ultimate.
Crippling Grasp is a very useful dps skill that deals damage over time (and initial damage), but it also buffs up your speed and slows down your opponent, making it a lot easier for you to deal with any melee attackers.
Shadow Image is one of the most important skills, it gives you a little damage over time effect, it inflicts minor maim on your target (15% less damage done for them), and it allows you to teleport back to it, to keep kiting melee attackers.
On top of that, it’s also the trigger for the 5th bonus piece of Necropotence (shadow image counts as a pet), providing you with a bunch of additional magicka, and therefore damage, defense & sustain.
Mirage will give you 15% dodge chance, as well as a little bit of extra resistances. Overall a very useful defensive skill.
Dark Cloak is another extremely useful defensive skill that provides invisibility for a few seconds, but it also gives minor protection when the effect ends, making you more durable in general (it applies to the shield too).
Healing Ward is our burst heal that you can combine with dark cloak in order to let the shield expire and heal you, only use it when you’re really in trouble.
Consumables & MundusOpen
The Serpent mundus stone is used to complement stamina management, due to the potions that this build uses.
Potions are Spell Power, they give magicka management, as well as spell critical and spell damage for over 40 seconds, allowing you to fully focus on doing damage and dispatching opponents.
Race & PassivesOpen
There is no need to be a vampire on this setup.
- Siphoner: 29 points.
- Warlord: 51 points.
- Arcanist: 51 points.
- Mooncalf: 51 points.
- Tenacity: 10 points.
- Tumbling: 16 points.
- Shadow Ward: 2 points.
- Elemental Expert: 29 points.
- Shattering Blows: 37 points.
- Master-at-Arms: 72 points.
- Thaumaturge: 72 points.
- Ironclad: 72 points.
- Spell Shield: 10 points.
- Resistant: 10 points.
- Hardy: 10 points.
- Elemental Defender: 10 points.
- Thick Skinned: 37 points.
- Light Armor Focus: 10 points.
- Bastion: 51 points.
This build was created for the Morrowind update. In the future it might require an update, but until then – check out the builds section for all other builds that I’ve done so far.