Horns of the Reach DLC brings us a lot of base game changes, some of them being very important for the long term health of the game. Weapon Traits & Mundus Stones are an integral part of end game in ESO, whether it’s PVE or PVP.
So what’s new? Well, finally we’re going to see under-used mundus stones being updated, under-used weapon traits being balanced and as a result, open up more variety and combinations, in both PVE and PVP.
New Weapon Trait ValuesOpen
As we can see from the image above (click on it to open in new tab), the biggest changes are with regards to the sharpened & defending traits, their values have been reduced by (I’d say) 50%.
This automatically makes other traits more valuable, plus we have some buffs too.
- Decisive is now 40% and will be more popular on ultimate regeneration builds, I plan to try it out with my light’s champion build.
- Sharpened & Defending will still be good and very popular, just not the obvious best choice anymore.
- Powered is now 9% more healing done in total, meaning that more healers (and even non-healers for their back bars) might go with this one.
- Precise is also 9% now, making it more viable for both PVE and PVP if you’re trying to make a high critical rating build.
- Nirnhoned is now 15%, making it more viable for builds that want to push their weapon & spell damage stats higher (I might settle with this one on some of my builds).
- Infused is also bumped up a bit, now at 30% higher enchantment value and 50% cooldown reduction. Some troll builds will be popping out soon, so keep an eye on this one.
- Charged remains the same but it becomes more viable for destruction staff builds with skills like force shock where you can proc 3 different status effects from a single attack very often (destro staff has a passive that increases this chance too). Some cool possibilities here I would say.
- Intricate, Ornate and Training remain the same, nothing happening here. For players that don’t know, ornate is just for making more gold when selling items to merchant NPCs, training is for leveling (getting more experience from kills) and intricate is for deconstructing items to gain crafting inspiration.
But that’s not all, we have some more big changes incoming.
New Mundus Stone ValuesOpen
Pretty much all mundus stone values have been bumped up, with the exception of The Ritual & The Shadow, which are already good enough on their own and will still be very viable for appropriate builds.
Note to myself: Ritual gives 10% more healing done, so it might be a good combo with the powered weapon trait.
Let’s take a look at the changes:
- Regenerative stones like Atronach, Serpent and Steed are now 238 base value, and above 350 with full divines gear. This means that there will be slightly more sustain in general.
- Same thing with Apprentice & Warrior (spell & weapon damage boosts). 238 base value, above 350 with full divines, and these will now be more popular in both PVE & PVP.
- Maximum stat stones like Mage, Lord and Tower also give more stats, making them more desirable on builds that are trying to push one particular stat pool very high. Base value will be 2028 (except for Lord which is a bit more) and with divines, close to or above 3000.
- Lover & Lady stones are seeing the biggest changes, one will grant physical & spell resistance, other will be opposite with physical & spell penetration (I know, I know). Values will be 2752 base, and above 4000 with full divines.
- And finally, we have a little bit of a nerf for The Thief stone, going down to 9%, still making it one of the best stones to go for in PVE, and often in PVP.
So those are the changes to mundus stones and weapon traits, leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I think they’re pretty good. 🙂