Also, buy games @ huge discounts. Never buy elsewhere unless you have to. You’ll save a lot!
This guide will teach you how to get (at the time of writing) ALL motifs in Elder Scrolls Online. Some of them are very easy to get, some are not. But remember, you can (almost) always buy eso motifs in guild stores in case that you don’t have access to a certain DLC zone or do not want to spend time farming them.
Only crown store exclusive motifs cannot be posted to guild stores, others can usually be found and that’s how I learned pretty much all of them. However, if you’re up for an adventure and you’d like to try your luck, this is how you can get them.
Also, if you’d like to preview most of these, here is a whole playlist dedicated to ESO Fashion & Motifs:
You can check out this ESO Fashion, Motifs & Styles playlist directly on Youtube too.
- High Elf, Wood Elf, Khajiit, Redguard, Orc, Breton, Dark Elf, Argonian, Nord, Imperial, Primal, Barbaric, Daedric and Ancient Elf can be found in backpacks, trunks, nightstands, dressers and wardrobes in any zone. Imperial being the rarest one.
- Xivkyn chapters can be found by opening trophy vaults in Imperial City.
- Mercenary chapters are given as rewards for completing daily Undaunted pledges.
- Soul Shriven is mailed to you upon completing Cadwell’s Silver quest line.
- Dwemer chapters can be looted from pots & urns in Dwemer delves.
- Glass motif fragments can be acquired by completing daily crafting writs. You need to combine 10 to form a random chapter.
- Aldmeri Dominion, Daggerfall Covenant and Ebonheart Pact motif chapters can be acquired by looting chests in Cyrodiil and Imperial City. Chapters that you get will depend on which alliance your character is associated with.
- Akaviri chapters can be bought from Cyrodiil siege merchants in exchange for Alliance Points.
- Ebony chapters (or the whole book) can be bought from the master writ merchant Rolis Hlaalu in exchange for writ vouchers.
- Draugr chapters can be acquired by completing fighters guild, mages guild and undaunted guild daily quests. Undaunted daily quests are NOT the same as daily dungeon pledges.
- Celestial chapters can be acquired by completing weekly Craglorn trial quests. Different trials award different motif chapters.
- Yokudan chapters can be acquired by completing repeatable quests in Craglorn.
- Outlaw chapters can be acquired by killing world & delve bosses in Hew’s Bane.
- Thieves Guild chapters can be acquired by completing highest tier reward heists in Hew’s Bane.
- Abah’s Watch chapters can be acquired by completing the thieves guild tip board quests in Hew’s Bane. All optional objectives must be completed.
- Order of The Hour chapters can be acquired by completing the daily quest The Roar of the Crowds in Gold Coast.
- Dark Brotherhood chapters can be acquired by completing Sacraments for the Dark Brotherhood in Gold Coast.
- Assassin’s League chapters can be acquired by killing world & delve bosses, and by completing daily quests in Gold Coast.
- Minotaur chapters can be acquired by doing the daily quest Looming Shadows in Gold Coast.
- Ra Gada chapters can be acquired by killing world & delve bosses in Craglorn, and also by opening chests and treasure maps.
- Ancient Orc chapters can be acquired by killing enemies in Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft.
- Malacath chapters can be acquired by completing Orsinium daily world boss quests.
- Trinimac chapters can be acquired by completing Orsinium daily delve quests.
- Mazzatun chapters can be acquired by killing the last boss in Ruins of Mazzatun dungeon.
- Silken Ring chapters can be acquired by completing the Cradle of Shadows dungeon.
- Dro M’athra chapters can be acquired by completing the weekly quest for Maw of Lorkhaj trial.
- Skinchanger chapters can be acquired during the New Life Festival, they are given by Breda as rewards for completing quests.
- Hollowjack chapters can be acquired during the Witches Festival, they drop in Plunder Skulls.
- Stalhrim Frostcaster is a Crown Store motif and needs to be bought with Crowns.
- Grim Harlequin is a Crown Store motif and needs to be bought with Crowns.
- Buoyant Armiger chapters can be acquired by looting chests and treasure maps in Vvardenfell.
- Militant Ordinator chapters are sold by Colotarion NPC in the Gladiator’s Quarters in Vvardenfell in exchange for Alliance Points.
- Ashlander chapters can be acquired by completing the daily quests for Numani-Rasi or Huntmaster Sorim-Nakar in Vvardenfell.
- Morag Tong chapters can be acquired by completing the daily Hall of Justice quests in Vvardenfell.
- Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni motif chapters can be acquired by stealing from citizens of Vvardenfell. You need to pickpocket NPCs and steal from safe boxes or thieves troves.
ESO Motifs – The Future
If you’d like to contribute and add a missing motif, simply post it in the comments below and I’ll update the page.
Want to know more about Elder Scrolls Online? Check out my other ESO Guides as well.